An review into a glow that gutted a fishing tackle shop has found that it started accidentally.
Twenty firefighters from Bridgend, Ogmore Vale and Pencoed used hose tilt jets to quarrel a glow during Keen’s Tackle Shop, Aberkenfig, nearby Bridgend, that started during around 7.40pm on Tuesday, Nov 8.
Bridgend Road was sealed while a glow was fought. No-one was injured.
The day after a glow Jeff Keen, who has run a tackle emporium and beside gun emporium for 38 years, pronounced a tackle emporium was “totally gutted”.
But his gun shop, Keen’s Guns, stays open for business and is also offered fishing bait.
A mouthpiece for South Wales Fire and Rescue Service said: “Following a occurrence during Keen’s Tackle Shop on Nov 8, South Wales Fire and Rescue Service undertook a glow review to establish a means of a fire. Following this process, a glow review news deemed a occurrence to have been caused by an random ignition.
“SWFRS urges the business village to safeguard that they have suitable glow impediment resources in place and to commence glow risk assessments to strengthen their business from risk. “