var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-41362908-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://' : 'http://') + ''; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();
Home / Sporting Events / Fishing / Police name and picture man, 21, stabbed to death near McDonald’s in city centre

Police name and picture man, 21, stabbed to death near McDonald’s in city centre

Asim Khan, from Grangetown in south Cardiff, was fatally stabbed near a McDonald’s in the city in the early hours of this morning.

Emergency services were scrambled to the scene at 4.50am and paramedics performed CPR as they desperately tried to save Asim.

The young man was then rushed to hospital where he tragically died.

Police launched a murder investigation and a manhunt before later arresting a 27-year-old local man in connection with the incident.

TRAGIC: Asim Khan, 21, was stabbed to death in the capital city’s main nightlife street
(Image: Wales Online)

HEARTBREAKING: Asim died from his injuries in hospital
(Image: PH)

TERRIFYING: The attack took place in a busy part of the city near a McDonald’s
(Image: Wales Online)

ARREST: Police have arrested a 27-year-old local man in connection with the incident
(Image: Wales Online)

The arrested man is currently in custody at Cardiff Bay Police Station.

Detective Superintendent Richard Jones, from South Wales Police Major Crime Investigation Team, said: “A young man has tragically lost his life early this morning and we are doing all we can to bring those responsible for the murder of Asim Khan to justice.

“CCTV shows a disturbance which starts in the street near McDonalds and moves towards the Oxfam store where Mr Khan sadly collapsed having sustained a wound as a result of being stabbed.

“Significant police enquiries are continuing in the area and we thank the local community, including businesses and visitors, for its understanding while a number of cordons remain in place.”

EMERGENCY: Cops were called to reports of an assault in the early hours of this morning
(Image: Wales Online)

999 CALL: Police were called at 4.50am this morning
(Image: Wales Online)

CORDON: Cops were still at the scene this afternoon
(Image: Wales Online)

MURDER PROBE: Forensics officers were seen at the scene as cops started a murder investigation
(Image: Wales Online)

The dawn attack happened on the capital city’s main nightlife street, St Mary’s Street, part of which remains cordoned off to the public.

A large number of officers were still in the area this afternoon as well as a police helicopter with “significant” enquiries continuing, South Wales Police said earlier.

Witnesses described the suspect making-off initially towards Cardiff Central Railway station following the fatal attack.

Anyone with information relating to the attack is asked to call 101, citing the reference number 1900265784.

Check Also

Traditional fishery launches petition against further restrictions

The fishermen operated under a license allowing them to catch five salmon per month during …