var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-41362908-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://' : 'http://') + ''; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();
Home / Sporting Events / Cardiff City FC / REPORT – PORT TALBOT 1



21:45 31st July 2013

by Sam Roberts

Harris the man again as City DVP win

An experienced City line-up began the game with Kevin McNaughton, Nicky Maynard, Simon Lappin, Rudy Gestede, Joe Mason and Craig Conway all getting some much needed game time in preparation for the new season which is just over two weeks away.

The hosts started the match in determined fashion keeping the strong City side at bay for the majority of the first half. A moment of magic from Tommy Smith helped City take the lead seventeen minutes. Smith’s incredible pass perfectly met the run of Kadeem Harris and the influential winger cut back for Nicky Maynard to tap home from close range. 

The dogged home side kept their Premier League opponents at bay, frustrating Kevin Cooper’s side on a number of occasions. They managed to pull themselves level on fifty five minutes with Lee Surman rising highest to meet a Sacha Walters corner.

The lead did not last long though with Harris involved again as Cardiff scored a fine second goal. Former Wycombe winger Harris’ exquisite pass through was controlled well by Joe Ralls who beat the Port Talbot keeper Hall to the ball before tapping into the empty net. 

Port Talbot Town: Hall, Green, Surman, Jones, Bloom (De-Vulgt, 72), Evans (L John, 66), Harling, M John (Preen, 57), Brooks (Bowen, 79), Walters (Edwards, 86), Wright (Bell, 57) 

Cardiff City: Richards, McNaughton (Oshilaja, 61), Lappin (D John, 61), Calvet, Connolly (Coulson, 70), Ralls (Kiss, 70), Smith (Wharton, 61), Mason (Harris, 10), Gestede (Velikonja, 61), Maynard (Healey, 61), Conway (O’Sullivan, 70)

Check Also


Cardiff City arrived at the Memorial Stadium for the final match of Round One of …