A statistical look around the ground ahead of the sixth gameweek in the NatWest T20 Blast – which includes Glamorgan’s vital match with Surrey at the top of the South Group. Stats courtesy of Opta.
NORTH GROUP //
Durham Jets v Yorkshire Vikings
- The last five times Durham Jets have hosted Yorkshire Vikings, the winner has alternated; the Jets claimed a six run win the last time they faced off at Chester-le-Street (May 2015).
- Although Durham Jets have lost three games in a row, they have won two of their last three at home (L1).
- Yorkshire Vikings are without a win outside of their county in eight matches; this winless stretch started in May 2015 when they lost to Durham Jets.
- Chris Rushworth (Durham) has recorded the best economy rate this season of anyone to record more than one over (4.3, seven overs).
Lancashire Lightning v Worcestershire Rapids
- Worcestershire Rapids have only managed to win one of their six matches versus Lancashire Lightning (L5); that victory came in the most recent meeting however (June 2015).
- Lancashire Lightning have won successive home matches coming into this game having only managed one win in six at Old Trafford before this run (L5).
- Worcestershire Rapids lost their last match away from home but had won their seven previous games on the road.
- Brett D’Oliveira (64.7) has the highest average of anyone to record 5+ innings this season whilst Jos Buttler (absent on England duty) has the highest batting strike rate of any man to register the same number of innings (184.7).
Leicestershire Foxes v Birmingham Bears
- Birmingham Bears have won all three previous matches played in Leicester versus the Foxes.
- Four of the last six meetings between these sides have been won by Birmingham Bears, all when batting first whilst those two wins for the Foxes have come when chasing.
- 10 of Leicestershire Foxes’ last 13 wins at home have come when chasing.
- Mark Cosgrove (Leicestershire Foxes) posted 74 when these sides last met (July 2015); his highest score in T20 cricket since 2010 and his best ever for the Foxes.
Derbyshire Falcons v Notts Outlaws
- 15 of the last 18 encounters between these counties have been won by the Outlaws (L3).
- Notts Outlaws have in fact, won eight of their last nine matches played away in Derbyshire although that defeat did come in the most recent encounter there (June 2015).
- Six of the last seven matches involving the Falcons have been won by the side that batted second.
- James Neesham (Derbyshire Falcons) needs just two more wickets to reach 50 in T20 cricket.
Northamptonshire Steelbacks v Leicestershire Foxes
- Northamptonshire Steelbacks have won three games on the bounce versus Leicestershire Foxes, all when batting second.
- The Steelbacks have won their last seven home games.
- Josh Cobb (Northamptonshire Steelbacks) is in line to record his 100th T20 innings with the bat.
- Richard Gleeson (Northamptonshire Steelbacks) has the best economy of anyone to bowl 8+ overs (5.4).
Middlesex v Somerset
- Somerset have only tasted defeat once in their seven meetings with Middlesex (W5 T1).
- Middlesex have won three of their last four at home (L1).
- The last four games involving Somerset have been won by the chasing side; three of those by Somerset themselves (L1).
- Ollie Rayner took career best figures in a game against Somerset during 2011 (5/18, for Sussex Sharks).
Glamorgan v Surrey
- Glamorgan have lost their last three at home in Wales against Surrey.
- All of the previous eight matches played out between these counties have seen the side to win the toss go on to lose the match.
- Glamorgan have won their last three games whilst Surrey have claimed three wins in their last four.
- Timm van der Gugten took figures of 4/14 for Glamorgan during their win over Surrey earlier this season, the third time has taken 4+ wickets in a T20 match.
Essex Eagles v Hampshire
- Essex Eagles have only managed one win in seven attempts versus Hampshire; that win was in the most recent encounter though (L6).
- Essex Eagles have failed to win any of their three home games this season so far (L3).
- Hampshire are without a win in six matches on the road (L6, including 2015 semi-final).
- Jesse Ryder (Essex Eagles) needs just 29 more runs to reach 3,000 in T20 cricket.
Kent Spitfires v Middlesex
- Seven of the last 10 meetings between these sides have been won by Middlesex (L3).
- Kent Spitfires have only lost one of their last four at home against all sides (W2 T1).
- James Franklin took 5/21 for Middlesex when his side last took on Kent Spitfires (May 2015); his best ever figures in this format.
- 24% of the death over deliveries recorded by David Griffiths (Kent Spitfires) have been yorkers; the highest share of anyone to bowl 4+ overs from the 16th over.
Hampshire v Gloucestershire
- Hampshire have won all three of their home games against Gloucestershire.
- Hampshire have won three on the bounce at home; they have not been on a longer streak since an 11 game spell which ended in 2011.
- Gloucestershire have won four of their last five matches (L1).
- Benny Howell (Gloucestershire) has recorded more dot balls than anyone else this season (55).
Surrey v Essex Eagles
- 15 of the last 18 games involving Essex Eagles on the road have seen the chasing side win.
- Surrey have only tasted defeat once in their last six at home (W5).
- Essex have won seven of their 10 games at The Oval against Surrey, including their last three.
- Azhar Mahmood (Surrey) was the difference when these sides last met (May 2016); claiming four wickets and posting 42 with the bat as he saw his side record an eight run win.
Sussex Sharks v Gloucestershire
- Sussex Sharks have won three on the bounce versus Gloucestershire, despite losing the toss on each of those occasions.
- This will be the second time Sussex Sharks have entertained Gloucestershire at Arundel; the hosts claimed a six wicket win previously in July 2011.
- Sussex Sharks have however alternated between a win and a loss across their four previous games at the venue; they lost to Somerset there in their most recent match (2014).
- Luke Wright is 14 balls away from facing 4,000 in T20 cricket
Glamorgan’s clash wtih Surrey gets underway at 6.30pm on Friday night, at The SSE SWALEC. Secure your seats by clicking here.