Do you like adrenaline-packed adventures where hurtling down world championship rapids and bombing along mile-long zip lines at 100mph and 500ft high in the air is your idea of heaven?
If you do, AdventureMap, North Wales’ one-stop site for outdoor adventure activities, is searching for a junior adventurer to test all of its attractions and you could be just the person they’re looking for.
The hunt is on for a daring youngster aged between 8-17 to test all nine of AdventureMap’s adrenaline-packed experiences, including the world’s fastest zipwire, paintballing, white water rafting and more.
This is what it’s like to Surf Snowdonia
The lucky youngster and five friends will be responsible for testing the white knuckle rides across the region and give advice on how to make each attraction that little bit more nail-biting or adventurous.
What exactly needs testing?
- Play Y Brenin – the national mountain sports centre
- Surf Snowdonia – the UK’s first Wavegarden surfing lagoon
- Beacon Climbing Centre – and indoor climbing centre that includes CrazyClimb
- Dragon Raiders Activity Park – includes the Bear Grylls Survival Academy, segway and paintball
- National White Water Centre – the UK’s only natural world championship rapids
- Ribride – for adventure boat tours
- Oneplanet adventure – for experiencing the thrill of the forest
- Zip World – mile-long zip lines where riders can exceed 100mph, 500ft high
- Surf-lines – an activity centre on Llyn Padarn
Watch the Wales rugby boys hurtle down Zip World
The AdventureMap project is part funded by Welsh Government through the Visit Wales regional engagement fund.
A spokesman for AdventureMap says: “This is the ultimate challenge for an adventurous young person to have the time of their life with their best friends.
“North Wales is the UK’s premier location for adventure tourism, nowhere has dramatic scenery, mountains, rivers, lakes to enable you to #FindYourEpic. In the Visit Wales Year of Adventure we want our new team member to make our amazing adventures even better.”
How do I apply?
Applications for the job can be made online only at www.adventuremap.co.uk/en/junior-adventurer and are open until July 19, 2016.